Skip to content
- The Ecosystem Services Partnership Visualization tool: http://esp-mapping.net/Home/
The ESP-VT is an interactive knowledge platform that allows users to share information on ecosystem services maps, data and mapping methods.
- Environmental Justice Atlas: http://ejatlas.org/
The environmental justice atlas documents and catalogues social conflict around environmental issues.
- PRIO-GRID 2.0: http://grid.prio.org/#/
The PRIO-GRID dataset is a grid structure that aids the compilation, management and analysis of spatial data within a time-consistent framework.
- weADAPT: https://weadapt.org/
weADAPT is an online ‘open space’ on climate adaptation issues and synergies with mitigation which allows practitioners, researchers and policy makers to access credible, high quality information and to share experiences and lessons learnt.
- Tableau Public Community: https://public.tableau.com/s/
Free data visualization software, easy to embed in websites.
- C82: http://www.c82.net/
Awesome ideas for non-traditional data visualization.
- Our world in data: http://ourworldindata.org/
- FAOSTAT – Data comparison: http://faostat3.fao.org/compare/E
- FAO AQUASTAT: http://www.fao.org/nr/water/aquastat/main/index.stm
Collection of data and information by country on waterresources, water uses, agricultural water management etc.
- Old Maps Online: http://www.oldmapsonline.org/
Easy-to-use gateway to historical maps in libraries around the world.
- David Rumsey Historical Map Collection: http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet
Focus on 18th and 19th century North and South American cartographic materials. The collection includes atlases, globes, school geographies, maritime charts, and a variety of separate maps including pocket, wall, children’s and manuscript maps.
- National Collection of Aerial Photography (NCAP): http://ncap.org.uk/
The National Collection of Aerial Photography is one of the largest collections of aerial imagery in the world, containing tens of millions of images featuring historic events and places around the world.
- Argentina en Mapas: http://www.imhicihu-conicet.gob.ar/ARGENTINAenMAPAS/caste/intr.htm
Maps on data from Argentina.
- Living Atlas of the World: http://doc.arcgis.com/en/living-atlas/about/
The Living Atlas is the foremost collection of authoritative, ready-to-use global geographic information, with content available in ArcGIS Online.
- Transnational Land Atlas – Landmatrix: http://landmatrix.org/en/
- Google Public Data: http://www.google.com/publicdata/directory
The Google Public Data Explorer makes large datasets easy to explore, visualize and communicate.
- Gapminder: http://www.gapminder.org/
- KNOEMA: http://knoema.de/
Free data, statistics, analysis, visualization & sharing.
- Atlasify: http://www.atlasify.com/
The geography of everything. A research collaboration between the University of Minnesota and Northwestern University
- The World We Want: https://www.worldwewant2015.org/trends
Visualisation of worldwide trends.
- MASSVIS: http://massvis.mit.edu/
Website that compiled all scientific research into effectiveness of infographics & dataviz
- RadicalCartography: http://radicalcartography.net/
Interesting cartographic approaches, geographically, thematically.
- GAR: http://www.preventionweb.net/english/hyogo/gar/2015/en/home/data.php?iso=OMN
Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction 2015
- Armed Conflict Database: http://www.pcr.uu.se/research/UCDP/
maintained by the International Peace Research Institute of Oslo and Uppsala University
- GeoINTA: http://geointa.inta.gov.ar/visor/?p=149
Visualisation of deforestation in Argentina.
- Global Forest Watch: http://www.globalforestwatch.org/map/10/-11.92/-55.21/ALL/grayscale/loss,forestgain?tab=countries-tab&begin=2001-01-01&end=2015-01-01&threshold=30
Visualisation of deforestation worldwide 2001-2014.
- DLC Atlas: http://www.eatlasdcl.cgiar.org/
Online Atlas as information resource for the community of stakeholders interested in dryland cereals and legumes.
- GAEZ: http://gaez.fao.org/Main.html#
Global Agro-Ecological Zones (FAO)
- Tableau: http://www.tableau.com/
Analytics anyone can use
- Think Hazard: http://thinkhazard.org/
Identify natural hazards in your project area and understand how to reduce their impact
- CAIT Climate Data Explorer: http://cait.wri.org/
- GMP Data Warehouse – Data Visualization: http://www.pops-gmp.org/visualization-2014/app.php/data-selection/progress/8e5c75dac947bbafa17ee8aefa887138
Online tool to store and visualize data on levels of persistent organic pollutants in core matrices.
- CIAT – Where our food crops come from: http://blog.ciat.cgiar.org/origin-of-crops/
Explore the geographic origins of our food crops – where they were initially domesticated and evolved over time – and discover how important these “primary regions of diversity” are to our current diets and agricultural production areas.
- mapequation.org: http://www.mapequation.org/apps.html
- GFED (Global Fire Emissions Database): http://www.globalfiredata.org/index.html
- Eruptions, Earthquakes & Emissions: http://volcano.si.axismaps.io/
Smithsonian National Musieum of Natural History – Global Volcanism Program
- Digital Attack map: http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&list=0&time=17107&view=map
Top daily DDoS attacks worldwide.
- TRASE (Transparency for Sustainable Economics): https://www.trase.earth/
Data on the flows of globally-traded commodities such as palm oil, soya, beef and timber that are driving deforestation and other environmental and social impacts worldwide.
Trainings and webinars
- Journal Finder: http://journalfinder.elsevier.com/
- Journal of unsolved questions: http://junq.info/
JUnQ is a new platform to gather ‘null’-result research. It is a medium to communicate projects, which just didn’t work, ambiguous data without exaggeration and unfinished investigations, which raise more questions than they answer.
This website stores some user agent data. These data are used to provide a more personalized experience and to track your whereabouts around our website in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. If you decide to opt-out of any future tracking, a cookie will be set up in your browser to remember this choice for one year. I Agree